Friday, June 21, 2013

Post #26- Yea, Yea, I know...I know

 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to chat with a friend I hadn’t spoken to in a couple of years. As he updated me on his life, he began to speak about the power of authenticity and self-worth (and my ears immediately perked). He said, until he began to recognize that he was “worthy” of good things, good things never seemed to make their way to him.  However, when he embraced the truth of his own worthiness, it was as if he was attracting the life he had always wanted.  I don’t want to necessarily rehash ideas I’ve previously blogged about (see post #8 for my previous discussion regarding the difference between being deserving and worthy), but I do want to emphasize this truth: the proportion to which we can attract the life of our dreams is in direct relation to our feeling of worthiness…which is in direct relation to how we experience our own divinity during the daily ins and outs of our routine lives.
So, if you don’t truly “know” that your birthright is joy, peace, and prosperity, you’ll never be able to actualize or realize those experiences. And what gives you this so-called birthright, you ask? You are a child of God/a manifestation of the Divine; therefore your right in this world is to live as such. You are worthy of every good thing, but you have to “know” this. Here, again, I put the word know in quotations, to contrast the difference between knowing and only believing.
To believe something indicates doubt. If I believe, it suggests the possibility of something else, that what I am believing may not be true or real, yet I have chosen to have faith or believe anyway. It may seem as if I’m playing semantics, but I think using know projects a stronger message and fosters a more powerful internal feeling or energy. As I tell my own kiddos, “Don’t try…..do!” And as I tell my students answering a question I’ve presented to the class, “Don’t guess…..know!” Similarly, I offer to you, “Don’t believe…….KNOW!”
For "knowing" breeds confidence, self-love, and assurance. So, what do you know? Do you know that you are worthy of all good things. Do you know that your experience of life should be in the flow of ease and joy and peace and prosperity. If not, don’t simply believe it by mental accent, but know it deep down in the recesses of your soul, because…
This is not the end of your story. Your best days are not behind you, they are ahead of you. Don’t simply believe you are blessed, know that it’s your birthright to be so, and you’ll attract all of the #bigthingscoming! 


Knowing!  
 ~Ray

NOTE: If you’re new to the site it might be helpful to read my first introductory post. Also, feel free to post your questions or comments here and you can always reach out to me on Twitter @raycjordan using the hash tag #bigthingscoming.
(Copyright, 2013, Ray Jordan) 

P.S. Have the confidence of this song "I Know You Want Me" by Pitbull. Yea, it's a stretch, but hey, I just like the song, ha! So, do yourself a favor....get up, dance and start knowing and attracting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment