Sunday, June 9, 2013

Post #18- Exhale




I have long said self-examination is the key characteristic of an emotionally, mentally, and spiritually mature and healthy person. Yes, being able to truly experience this life, be present for it and learn from it is the key to perfect peace and pure joy. So, in order to achieve that, it’s imperative that we’re able to take a good look around us and examine who and what we are, where we are, and why we are there. So, today (as I do every Sunday), I share with you one of my devotionals that particularly moved me this week, and ask that you let it speak to you. Happy Sunday ya’ll! ~Ray
________________________________________________________________________________

EXHALE
I release what no longer serves me.
My lungs have a finite capacity. So to inhale more air, I must first exhale. Breathing is a continuous process of receiving and releasing. It exemplifies the ongoing ebb and flow of life.
Exhaling and inhaling are essential for human life. As I exhale, carbon dioxide is released, which sustains other life forms. I breathe out what no longer serves me so I can take in the life-giving oxygen I need. All life is nourished by releasing the old and opening to the new.
Today I contemplate what I am willing to release and what I am willing to embrace; what I am willing to give and what I am willing to receive. I open to the ebb and flow of life.

The Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.—Genesis 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment