Saturday, June 1, 2013

Post #10-Go witih the Flow




“I surrender all. I surrender all. All to thee my blessed savior; I surrender all.”
~J.W. Van Deventer, “I Surrender All” 


If you’ll indulge me, particularly for those of you who are not Christian (I’m aware that I have all kinds of faith orientations that read my blog and, for that, I’m very grateful), allow me to cut right to the chase and lift up a particular portion of Christian scripture. From The Message translation, in Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus asks: 
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Earlier this week I promised you I would lift up lessons from my life in efforts to bless yours. One of the Hebrew meanings for the word “bless” means to empower, and that’s exactly why I created this blog…to bless or empower your life. In doing so, let me share with you a fundamental lesson I’ve learned. Again, if I were teaching a course in Spirituality 101, this would definitely be included. It’s the lesson of Surrender. In the contemporary words of Jesus, “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?” If so, this blog is the perfect place and space for your weary soul.
In the text above, Jesus eludes to a bigger life, a better life, a life of “real rest.” Meaning, if you are tired it’s an indication that something is wrong. If you are worn out or burned out, your life/GOD/the Universe is trying to tell you something. Jesus instructs that we (and this is my favorite part!) “learn the unforced rhythms of grace.” Yes Lord! Please hear these words, there is a rhythm to life. There is a harmonious flow to abundance and peace. There’s an energy of divine life that serves as the current of all things good.

I will actually use another post to explain the divine flow and interconnectivity of life both as a scientific fact and spiritual truth, but for now please know that if you swim against that current you will find your life in terrible disarray. Things just won’t seem to go right for you, you’ll be weary and worn, you’ll simply seem out of sync (ever felt that way???). However, if you get in the flow, you’ll find your passion, your purpose, your bliss, and a life where, in the words of the Psalmist, “you shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).

So, please take some time today or this upcoming week to simply evaluate and examine your life. Is it a mess? It’s June 1 and the year is half-over, and are you still having trouble finding your niche, your groove, or your flow? If so, don’t waste one more minute without it! As Jesus said, the rhythms of grace are “unforced.” Don’t fight your life, but rather participate in it. In later posts I’ll get more practical with some tips and techniques, but for now, start here: lift your hands and your heart and simply surrender to the divine flow; move to the rhythm of grace; dance to the beat of love; swim in the current of worthiness; find your bliss and follow it and never ever live inauthentically, because…..
This is not the end of your story. Your best days are not behind you, they are ahead of you. Don’t fight life, surrender to the flow of it because you have #bigthingscoming!

Surrendering all,
 ~Ray

NOTE: If you’re new to the site it might be helpful to read my first introductory post. Also, feel free to post your questions or comments here and you can always reach out to me on Twitter @raycjordan using the hash tag #bigthingscoming.
(Copyright, 2013, Ray Jordan) 


2 comments:

  1. Professor Jordan

    How? How will you know if you are going with the flow?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are in touch with yourself, you will be able to feel it. Meaning, you will be led by an inner feeling. When things are particularly tough, out of order, and hectic, you're not going with the flow. So, search for those things and places that make you feel most alive and like "yourself." Find that sweet spot that makes you feel at home or totally natural. Often times it's very individual as you take a look at each area of your life. Take it situation by situation and ask yourself if you feel in sync and at peace, if not, ask yourself why not and what could you do to make it better.

      Delete