Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Post # 23- Top 10 Reasons I Love You, My Dad!

 
Children are often our greatest teacher (or at least my children are mine). So, this past Sunday was Father’s Day and my daughter, who will soon be 13, offered me a handmade gift (which are always the best in my estimation). This gift was nothing more than a large card made from construction paper, entitled “10 Things I Love About You, My Dad.”  Please allow me to share them with you!
1.     You’re not ugly like most dads – Because most dads I see are ugly, but you’re not ugly.
2.     You’re 1 in a million- No one acts like you, you’re 1 in a million.
3.     You have good facial hair- Other dads have ugly facial hair, it’s all nappy and everything, but not yours.
4.     You like to have fun- Most dads sit on the couch and sleep but you…you’re like, let’s go to the park, movies!
5.     You show up to most of my games, cheer competition, everything- Most dads let the mom go but you show up!
6.     You’re smart- Most dads have the smarts but don’t like to use it….but you like to use it everywhere.
7.     You like Law & Order- Most dads watch it but don’t watch it with their kids, but you love to watch it with me.
8.     You’re not strict like some dads- You’re not strict, most dads yell all the time but you don’t.
9.     You keep your house clean- Most dads let the kids and their wife do all the work  but you like to clean.
10. You dress good- most dads dress ugly but you don’t.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is sweet! Ray, I could have said the same thing about my maternal grandfather. I think about the lessons he taught me everyday. You are obviously a great father! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! I never had a sister, so raising a daughter has been interesting and a whole lotta fun! It was amazing to me how observant she's been, lol.

      Delete
  2. Priceless! Obviously, you are doing an amazing job. Go on then with your good facial hair : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, right?! It's been a couple of years since I've even had any facial hair so I'm surprised she remembered, but what I found most funny was her opinion of other dad's "nappy" facial hair, lol.

      Delete