Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Post #55- No Limits!



Listen Here and/or Read Below




"If you live for people's acceptance of you; you will die from their rejection."
~Pastor Michael Miles, Desoto, TX

What do I know for sure? There are no limits. The universe is infinite and therefore offers an endless array of opportunity. In grade school we were likely given a glimpse of this truth. If we think back to high school math and science class, we were introduced to the concept of infinity. When we consider space, time, light, sound, numbers….all are infinitely unbound. And it’s within that sense of never-ending, everlasting, eternity…God exists. God is the all encompassing, everlasting, depth and breadth of life. God is all that is, and yet beyond. Most excitingly, that presence of deep eternity lives within us. God lives within us. Therefore, in our connection to God, we are an extension of eternity and hence have the capacity to access the infinite source and resource of the universe (just typing these words, I feel the presence of God and life fill the room!!). 

This notion of God may be slightly different from what you are accustomed to hearing, but God is not the bearded man in the sky. Rather, God can’t adequately be articulated in human words, which is why traditionally, the Hebrews wouldn’t even utter the name of GOD, rather allowing God’s name to be represented by five letters that we have conjugated over the years as the name Jehovah or Yahweh. Most importantly, each major religion teaches us that God…the creator of the universe, the source of all that is, the expansive, eternal, forever ONE resides within the essence of each human being; GOD is the spark of divinity, the power of soul, the breath of life, the energy of spirit and the creative genius within. Therefore, I truly believe each person has, in their own way, beauty, creativity, and brilliance within them. Getting it out, however, remains the problem.

Yesterday, I began a new “series” investigating the purpose and meaning of life and how one might reach the fullest expression and complete potential of themselves.  In other words, does each person have a purpose to fulfill? I believe so. Many spiritual teachers have called it a “sacred contract.” Meaning, we are here on earth for a reason…a divine purpose. Many find this difficult to accept and I totally understand why. When considering the misery and hardship of the world, most of which we inflict upon ourselves, it might be hard to fully accept that there’s any significant purpose behind it all. However, I must rely upon the bottomless echoes of my own soul. Somewhere within me I deeply know that I am here for a purpose, that my life has been constructed to teach me necessary and invaluable lessons crucial to completing my assignment. And as I stated yesterday, my biggest fear is failing the mission.

Today, I had planned on doing what so many of us gravitate to…what’s called T&Ts…. “Tips and Techniques.” In other words, I was going to immediately give the 1-2-3s of how to live out your purpose on earth. However, I must be honest in saying, though we like to be given easy steps (you know, the top 10 ways to do this, and the 5 steps to get a better that) it’s not quite that flippant. Living out your best life and fulfilling your purpose is an art, not a science, and it begins with being deeply grounded in the presence of your own authenticity. This may require many things that I’d like to discuss in coming days, but mostly it requires the courage to be yourself….and likewise, to leave the crowd.

Yesterday (in Post #54) I spoke briefly about a dream I had and how it prompted me to recommit to living a life unencumbered by the words, thoughts, and expectations of others. Today, rather than moving too quickly to the next “T&T,” please allow me to reiterate this truth in the context of the deep and endless scope of possibilities that await each of us. From within you and I resides an infinite presence, the very God of all, and from that immeasurable well of light and good and beauty and abundance, we can draw what we need to accomplish our divine purpose to the fullest extent possible….BUT, we only limit ourselves, and indeed sabotage ourselves, when we strain to carry with us the expectations of others.

Instead of seeking the God-wisdom within, so many of us have cluttered our minds and souls with the expectations of family, friends, and society. We’ve not been able to access the eternity of opportunity within because we’ve limited ourselves with the boundaries the world has set, as it tells us what we can’t do, can’t have, or cant’ be. Instead of living our own best lives, we have opted to live the scripted life that we think is most acceptable to the masses. Instead of living big, we’ve chosen to live small.
I have recently identified this as one of the most daunting reoccurring issues in my own life. I have never fit into any group…always too much of this and not enough of that. So, in my naïve yet childish desire to “just be like everyone else,” I disregarded the power of my own authenticity and almost sabotaged my own purpose. I nearly threw away who I was meant to be, to settle for the counterfeit I felt others expected me to be…..and it nearly killed me.

There’s more I’d like to say, but I don’t want to discourage some readers by the length of the post, so I’ll save it for tomorrow, where I’ll talk about more about what it means to be different, called out, and destined for greatness (we all have greatness but are some called beyond the rest?).  In the meantime…..
This is not the end of your story. Your best days are not behind you; they are ahead of you. Sit with this idea of infinity within; take off any limits because in truthful reality, they do not exist. If you feel it and feel led to do it, be it, or experience it, then go with your gut! Allow yourself to fall into the deep wells of possibility and all of the  #bigthingscoming.

NOTE: If you’re new to the site it might be helpful to read the first (introductory) post. Also, feel free to post your questions or comments here and you can always reach out to me on Twitter @raycjordan using the hash tag #bigthingscoming.

(Copyright, 2013, Ray Jordan)




You Know Me Lyrics by Bethel Music Ft. Steffany Frizzell


You have been
And You will be
You have seen
And You will see

You know when I rise and when I fall
When I come or go, You see it all
You hung the stars and You move the sea,
And still You know me

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, You know me
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

You have been
And You will be
And You have seen
And You will see

You know when I rise and when I fall
When I come or go, You see it all
You hung the stars and You move the sea,
And still You know me

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, You know me
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

And nothing is hidden from Your sight
Wherever I go, You find me
And You know every detail of my life
And You are God and You don’t miss a thing

And nothing is hidden from Your sight
Wherever I go, You find me
And You know every detail of my life
And You are God and You don’t miss a thing

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, You know me
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, You know me
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, You know me
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

You memorize me

No comments:

Post a Comment